Friday, April 19, 2013

Fairy Gardens



Our meeting at Herb Society this month was making Fairy Gardens. We all brought our own containers and small plants, etc. to share. What a fun night.
The following pictures are of some of the magical gardens created. (some brought theirs already finished from home).
This first garden was made in a glass footed bowl,



With driftwood and a toad sitting in it.



This one had a fairy and a stone path through the moss.



This garden has a patio umbrella and stool made from wine corks.



A twig gazebo with acorn caps and a pond fill out this garden.



A large cup and saucer filled with all kinds of magical creatures.



This one has a cottage and a fence.



A Zen garden.



The beginning of one made in a saucer.




A  gardening fairy with her garden tools.



This was a beautiful Fairy waiting for a garden.



Her beautiful wings.



My garden, I used an old enamel dish. The little "trees" are called ground pine and stay this size. I have no fairy but one did leave her tea cup under the flowers.



I filled in with spring blooming plants and lots of moss.



Someone also brought lots of little clay pots to share, I filled mine with moss and added a mushroom.



This was my garden I made in March, telling my grand kids this was a sewing leprechaun, but now I guess she's a Fairy with her pet Hedgehog!



One member brought  a lot of beautiful books on Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker. This one teaches you how to find them, complete with



 a newspaper clipping from the 1930's talking about the child who took an actual picture of one!
Who can dispute that Fairies are real with all this evidence? 



And a actual picture!

 


With pop-out photos of where they live from the forest floors,



to the wayside,



and their favorite place to live, Flower Gardens.



Have a magical weekend, I'll see you next week.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

These are so great and make me want to plant a fairy garden as soon as possible! Has Spring arrived where you live? We have more snow in our forecast, darn it. xo

Anonymous said...

An imρressiѵe ѕhare! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact bought me lunch simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss this subject here on your web page.

My web-site garden

Anonymous said...

An outѕtanding share! Ӏ've just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little homework on this. And he actually bought me lunch due to the fact that I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this issue here on your web page.

Also visit my web page: organic potting soil

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •