Monday, May 7, 2012

Girlfriend quilt getaway!!

 My girlfriends and I left Friday after work for a weekend quilt retreat. We went up North to Laura's cottage. We didn't sleep much but we did sew and laugh a lot. Saturday night we went down to the lake  and enjoyed the full moon, full and big it was! The moon was beautiful with it's reflection in the water and fog on the hills.


 We stayed quite awhile photographing it from different areas along the lake.

 And finally back on the deck at the cottage. Then the clouds came rolling in.

 Good night moon!

The following are a few of the projects that were worked on. Some made these cute totes, that in real life are quite large, great to hold beach towels.

 Ok, now my grandsons are playing baseball so of course they need baseball pillow cases.

 I finished putting on the last star boarder on my quilt. I started this quilt about 18 years ago, picking wildflowers from our river property and printing them on treated fabric with the sun. Then I purchases the navy blue African printed fabrics years later and finally dyeing the last boarder fabric myself  years later. There will be one more indigo fabric strip added to finish the boader.

 Cathy O. finished binding a t-shirt quilt she made her grandson for his high school graduation.

 Jamie finshed a cute, cute dog quilt she's making for her grandson. This is a commercial pattern.

 Jamie and her husband just returned from visiting their son and his family in Japan. I asked her before she left if she found any used Kimonos would she bring me one back. She found this beautiful silk one. My "model" Joni tried it on for pictures.

 She looks great in it.


 Detail of the cranes flying along the ribbons. Cranes are a sign of good luck.


 Hand couched gold cording along some of the flower edges.


Along our ride the woods were full of trillium's.

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Wow,looks like another greet retreat. Beautiful pictures.

Ilove the sun printed quilt. My sun prints are still in my to do
Box of projects,...someday

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •