My leaves and flowers have processed for about 5 days and now it's time for the big reveal! First up is the results of the anise hyssop leaves(smells and tastes like black licorice). They gave a beautiful summer green print. I don't always get a green from leaves most of time it's yellow.
The fiddle head ferns turned out so cute, I wish though they were a little darker.
I think when I quilt around them they will show up better.
While the fabric and ferns were processing I had a heavy book setting on top of it trying to get a stronger print. (The fabric was in a plastic bag)
The blood root leaves gave a bright yellow.
The dandelions gave their own sweet print with yellow centers and greenish blue ( from the leaves) prints around them.
Saturday I rolled up some of my dried flowers from last summer, first is calendula.
Turned out OK, yellow from the flowers and greenish blue form the green stems.
My dried coreopsis, small but
still full of color.
I have my dried Navajo tea stored in this wonderful old canning jar with a glass and metal lid.
This is how they fit together.
So I started with one helper sprinkling on Navajo tea
then another helper came
and finally there were three!
And this is the results of Navajo tea,
how beautiful is this,a totally different print. I'm placing a seed order now for this summer.
I also rolled up some comfrey, the leaves are quite large and I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.
I got this great design.
All my white spring flowers are in bloom, lilacs, lily of the valley, narcissus,
and this cute ball shape flower with green dots on the edge it's petals.
Ok, this was suppose to be the first picture of this post showing all the new fabrics on my clothes line but it somehow ended up the last! I'm still not getting this new blog redo. And I don't know why the last two pictures are horizontal. Someday I might figure it all out.