Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weaving with Mother Nature



Last week I went out to add a few rows to my weaving and imagine my surprise when I saw someone had been putting in their own rows.
See those bittersweet vines behind the loom well...



Mother Nature brought them forward and wove them in, all on her own,
no help from me.



How wonderful is that.
I added a row of cosmos and then wool.



Their coming from all sides.


This coming weekend (after grandsons football game) I'm going to dye with the last of the flowers in the garden. This time I'll be playing with adding in metal pieces when wrapping up the bundles.

Different combinations of flowers and eucalyptus.

After this I'll let the plants go to seed and collect them for planting next year.



The Hopi sunflowers are tall and so beautiful to look at.


I'll save the seeds and dye with them this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those sunflowers, just bought some at the farmer's market yesterday. I love how the bittersweet vine decided to join your weaving, it is looking very good. Deb C

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •