Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring and pansies

I have Spring Fever so bad, warm weather has been very slow in coming to this part of Michigan. Pansies are the answer. They are one of the first flowers you can plant as they can like it a little cooler, they really are not that happy during the very hot months of summer. I found these new type of Pansies their edges are ruffly. I don't know how well you can see it in the picture.

I love them, they are so cute.
I've been working on the next lattice strip on my Family Tree quilt. This lattice represents my husband's grandfather who lived in California. They had a rail road near by and he used to jump into the box cars and hitch a ride across the state and country. His son (my husband's dad) raised rabbits as a child.
I needle-felted mohair yarn in for the rabbits tail. Now to embroidering in the story.

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

The wool train & bunnies are so cute!

Every time I see fresh pansies like that, I want to pound them on to fabic! It's all your fault!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •