Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Friendship quilts

This month seems to be a big month for making and giving friendship quilts. This is another "exquisite star" wall hanging done in white, with black and red star points. Our girlfriend Cathy turned 60 and her husband threw a surprise party for her. My quilt bee members each made her a block, signed it and wrote happy birthday messages for her. What better gift could a quilter ask for? I took a picture of her with it also, but for some reason my computer would not upload it. Well, here's the cute quilt anyway.


A couple of weeks ago we presented Lillian with her friendship quilt, she was so surprised and loved it.



I have been stitching up a storm but not able to show anything because their Christmas presents. I am able to show the flannel pillow case I made for my niece, she's in the Navy on a aircraft carrier, in a ocean on the other side of the world. I don't know if she's able to use the pillow case (and bright pink slippers I sent) but I thought it made a great Christmas card and she can save them for her home. The pillow case is full size I have it folded for the picture.




No comments:

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •