Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas

"the stockings were hung by the chimney with care"

Indigo dyed, bamboo/cotton socks I made to tuck in Christmas packages. First I mordanted them, tied string loosely around the socks and dipped them in the dye and hung them by the fire to dry.


Last night was my bee Christmas party (I belong to 2 bees and one quilt guild). We went to my friend Kay's home. Since we had already exchanged gifts during our quilt retreat Kay and I made up little snowman embroidery kits for everyone to work on while we ate and visited. You had your choice of thread colors and boarder fabrics.
This is the snowman I worked on with navy blue thread. Everyone enjoyed working on their projects.



Kay's tree was beautiful reflecting in the window and rising to the next story. My picture is not so beautiful.


Lillian did make us all these cute note pad books for our purses. Kay had tucked the boarder fabrics in these cute candle holders.


Inside of the notebook.

My husband and I are heading to Florida to spend the holidays with the kids. We have the sleigh, oh I mean camper filled with gifts, homemade cookies, candy and fun baking projects to do with the grandchildren including gingerbread train kits and cut out sugar cookies.
In between the holidays we're going to my parents in southern Florida to canoe the waterways through the mangrove trees along the gulf. The tropical birds are beautiful through there. Then back to our daughters to help bring in the New Year.
I have a new lap top I'm taking with me so I'm hoping to post a picture of two while we're vacationing.
I hope you have a wonderful creative holiday season (I have my quilting packed, first thing I always pack).


1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

I didn't realize you had posted this before going to Florida. I miss you all! I wish I couls've been there too. Kay's tree looks the way everything looks without my glasses!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •