Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Snowfall

Friday we had our first snow of winter, it was a beautiful fluffy snow.


My husband and I took a ride in the country, the spruce trees were beautiful.



Our area is well known for blueberries, the bushes looked like they were full of cotton.
Today, a few days later we now have blizzard warnings with a 8 to 12 inches of snow predicted. All the schools are closed and evening activities canceled.



Last night was a Christmas party with one of my quilt bees, these cute bags were a gift Cathy made each of us. Their called Origami bags and made with Japanese paper folding techniques. (except there is a little sewing in the end). Really clever. The party was at Laura's house, she puts up a tree in every room each with a different theme. The dinning room tree had bears on it.


Laura's been busy making doll clothes for her granddaughter for Christmas, and on the bed a quilt.


And she's working on 2 flannel snowmen quilts for the twins grandchildren.



The really amazing thing is not only does she have decorated trees in every room, cute snowflake curtains she made for the kitchen, snowmen on shelves decorating the house, the outside beautifully done with lights, wreaths and deer, doll clothes made, making quilts, hosting Christmas parties...She works 10 hour days! I don't know where she gets all the energy.




Her snowman tree in the laundry room!




Mitten and sock tree in the entry way.


1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Laura's house is lovely. I swear. I got more done when I worked full time, than I do now. It must have something to do with give a busy person a job & they'll get it done.

Ok, I've already forgotten which blog you told me to look at! What one was it again?

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •