Wednesday, May 21, 2014

End of Dandelion Days



After wrapping, freezing, pressing with heavy pails of water for a couple of weeks I finally unwrapped the fabrics, washed and dried them.



The raw silk did the best. Not real bright but a beautiful pale purple/blue color.



Some flower prints better then others. This would be a nice background fabric to applique on.
The wool fabric did terrible, it hardly picked up any of the flower print or  purple color.
I'll leave this fabric out and see how the color does in a few months. Will it fade to brown?



After infusing dandelions in sunflower oil for a week, their now ready to make into a natural dry skin lotion bar.



I used 1/2 cup each of the oil, Shea butter and local bees wax. 



I put an empty can in a sauce pan with a few inches of water. First I melted the bees wax, then added the oil and Shea butter, stir a bit. As soon as it melted take it off the heat, add essential oil for fragrance if you'd like (I added lavender, not sure if that was needed).



Pour right away in to your choice of molds, I used muffin cups with the papers. After it hardened they came off easy.



I made a few for gifts, wrapped them up in little bags I made from the dandelion dyed wool and wool bows dyed with daffodils.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute Kathy, love the tarts and how the silk turned out....I think spring is finally here!!!! Enjoy your weekend! Deb C

Deb Hardman said...

I love mine! It's Hevanly ! It also helped a dry spot on my elbow! Thanks again!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •