Wednesday, April 16, 2014



I missed seeing the Blood Moon in all it's glory but this morning there was the full moon reflecting off the ice in the bird bath. At 24 degrees we have a lot of ice patches still around.



The past 2 weeks I have spent every minute of my free time Spring cleaning the house and outdoors raking the yard. By Saturday hubby and I will be finished and ready to enjoy summer.
I also spent a little time cleaning this quilt I made a few years ago called "The Florida We Know". Every winter for the past 30 years we've taken the our kids vacationing in Florida. We spent most of our time at different beaches swimming, snorkeling and of course collection shells. I made this piece using some of  the shells.
I still had a few more pieces that the grandkids collected that needed to be sewed on.



Horseshoe crabs and a blue crab. Before stitching them on I coated them with a thick coat of white glue, inside and out.



The crabs are so fragile and this seems to give them a little more strength.



They dry clear.




The grandkids also found sharks teeth along the beach near their old home.
(I didn't coat the teeth)

No comments:

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •