Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gardens

And then there was a moon........








With a sprinkling of stars coming soon.







I haven't done much quilting, outside every free moment working in the yard and gardens. I thought I'd show you a little bit. I bought this flower cart from a artist who uses old steel and welds it together to make new garden art. The wheel even roll!




This year we put in a little raised vegetable garden by our back door, full of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, fancy lettuce and pumpkin plants. Handy for a quick salad. Our bigger garden space now holds my dye plants, when they get bigger I'll post it.





Years ago we pulled this old hand hued barn beam from the river and brought it home, hoping to use it for something one day. (it's about 12 foot long and looks like a giant Tinker Toy). Well, we haven't used it but it looks charming with berry vines growing over it.




Our front fence along the sidewalk is lush this year with ivy, sweet cicely, and bleeding heart plants.




With the bird bath on the other side setting on a old pine stump overgrown with ivy.

















1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Your yard is always so pretty. I love the little cart. So cute!
& the whimsical moon & star, so very you!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •