Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New natural dye book

This is a wonderful new natural dyeing book by Rebecca Burgess. The chapter on Navajo dyeing was written and photographed while I was in class with Rebecca in Arizona. The photos in this book are beautiful. Lots of great inspiration.



I've been working on my wool quilt, dye printing leaves and cutting out new squares to piece.
Not all of these are sewed together, some are just placed on my new flannel board I made for the dye studio.





My girlfriend Laura quick whipped up this patriotic quilt to be used on the grandkids bed at her cottage this holiday weekend. And when I say quick I mean she is fast! She has made a few other patriotic quilts for the beds, now the babies have theirs.




Oh, and look at this wonderful mushroom growing in our back woods, I love the pointy cap!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, I see you next week.




1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

OK< how did I miss this post?

Your wool pieces are WONDERFUL!

I tried doing a print with Carys & Darian on a little bit of the wool you gave me, & nothing printed. We ended up doing some pounding using rocks for our hammers!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •