Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day! I made this piece years ago with wonderful hand marbled red fabric I purchased. I tried marbling fabrics but never got a nice rich color. (remember Deb? we had a good time trying though?) I still put this out every Valentines day.

I haven't quilted in the last week, my husband had major surgery on his neck and I've been busy with him. The surgery seems to be successful and will hopefully alleviate some of his constant neck pain when he heals, 6 long winter weeks from now. I did read a good book, it's an older release (I don't remember when) but it's called Stitches in Time By Barbara Michaels. It's a wonderful mystery with a antique quilt involved and a great ending. I really loved the book.

I did want to share with you my light box. Years ago I bought some wooden Pepsi crates and my girlfriends husband made a light box out of one of them. I can't remember if there was a write up on this in a magazine or not. Anyway he cut a board to fit the bottom of the box, painted it white and installed a light fixture on it.
Then added Plexiglas on the top with a few small screws. The cord comes out the side as needed and stores inside when your finished. It's a nice size and works wonderful.
A few other views.








2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I remember reading that book a few years ago and I loved it! I hope your husband heals quickly and is pain free.

Deb Hardman said...

I do rememer the marbeling. I was just talkig to one of my students about it yesterday! I do miss playing with you.

I have your quit top & know just what I want to do with it. I may do it on th Bernina though. I have to think about which will work best.

I hop John heals well. Warren was jut asking if I'd heard from you. He worries about John.

Hope your Valentine's day was good. Love you you both!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •