Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Indian Summer in Michigan

Last Sunday it was sunny and in the high 70's, I packed a picnic lunch, we loaded the canoe and went on a color tour up north. We love this little lake way back in the woods, you have to have 4 wheel drive to get back in there. I could have camped there a week it was so peaceful. These are a few of the beautiful trees, of course pictures don't do it justice. My husband paddled me around the lake while I took pictures.

I love the reflections in the water.

These leaves looked like they were hand painted.

On the way home there were a lot of farms with their pumpkin patches.
My girlfriend Mary made this pumpkin wall hanging, The technique is from a pattern called Piping Lanterns, she changed the lantern into a pumpkin and added 3 dimensional leaves. It turned out wonderful.
Of course in every bee there is an overachiever and Mary is it in ours, these table mats are from a book by Atkins designs and the pattern is called Taco Salad. She made 8 of them for her family for Halloween. I'm making one for my daughter to put her candy bowl on.
I had a great crop of bittersweet this year, I always swag it over my kitchen window and this year I also swagged it over the two little windows in my dye studio. It will last until next year. The cement tile above the window I bought two of them years ago, they have herbs on them and look nice above the windows. This is a close up of the bittersweet, the berries look like plastic.

2 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Oooo the fall colors & your bittersweet are so pretty! The canoe trip looked like it was so peaceful. I could use a little of that calm water right now! I feel stressed!

Melodie said...

I love the swags!! They're beautiful! I tried taking some picts of the color too......you're right about the camera not doing it justice!
We're going to the apple cider place today (they have a corn maze too). Maybe I can find something to swag!!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •