Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Mother Nature Weaving under the Super Moon


Who could ask for more from the moon, Full Wolf Super Moon to start the New year
with another full moon to end the month!



Early morning I went out, clear and cold, the moon just above our tree tops!


The solar lights on my loom twinkling.



And later in the morning with record snowfall and lots more to come I
bundled up and out I went to enjoy the world.


I didn't do well on my earth loom last year, but Mother Nature did
wonderfully!


Miss Bittersweet wound herself all through the warp, and Mother Nature filled it with
clouds of snow. It looks perfect.


Close up you may be able to see how well the indigo wool held up through the long hot summer.
Also under the snow the "dyers coreopsis" held it's color too!
(not the cream wool, not sure what that was)
My loom faces south so it gets sun all day.


My dyers garden asleep under the snow.
We have another big snow storm coming in with bitter cold, perfect weather for hand quilting!


3 comments:

quilting Deb said...


I love looking at the snow...it is so very pretty, esp. if I do not have to be in it! Your loom looks great in the snow....looking forward to a bit warmer weather for sure!! See you soon! Deb C

Judy Martin said...

Happy new Year! Wasn't that an amazing super mooon?
xo

Deb Hardman said...

I’m missing you sister

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •