Thursday, April 2, 2009

Signs of Spring

Being very tired of winter and painting, last weekend I packed a picnic lunch and my husband and I took a drive in the woods looking for signs of spring. We came across this big flock of turkeys, and as they say in the Bambi movie, I think the Toms are "twitter painted".

A lot of the farms were collecting the maple syrup as it begins to run.


And my friend Lillian made a new summer purse, it's beautifully lined with zipper pockets and of course she made a matching check book cover.

Being in Michigan just because the calender says it's spring the weather doesn't always cooperate, we're suppose to be getting between 3 to 6 " of snow in the next few days. My girlfriends came over the other night for bee and wore their finished wool scarves (although no one would model for me). It was fun to see from one pile of wool we all shared, how different they all looked. You could tell whose scarf belonged to who just by the color. The first one is Laura's.


Mine.



Joni, who left the Abercrombe (sp?) label on the patch.



And Cathy O's. A couple others didn't get theirs finished yet.




1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

How did I miss this post!?

The scarves are great. I like that Joni left the label on the piece. Great touch! tell her I said "HI!", I miss her. I was thinking of her thismorning when I was reading the Robbie Joy Eklow page in "Quilting Arts". Joni could be writing such things with the way she talks. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

The Toms are great too. Springtime, it feels so good.

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •