Friday, April 4, 2008

National Quilting Day

Every year my quilt guild PALS (Patchers at the Lakeshore) has a special all day quilting on or near National Quilt Day, this year they had a special mystery quilt project you could make if you wanted to. I'm not sure of the name, it came from the internet. There was two sizes to choose from, table runner or lap quilt. I didn't make one I worked on my own project. This first picture is Jamie and Cathy with their table runners. I love how the fabric piecing shows the round circles around the star.

Kay, one of our guild chairmans, piecing her top. The blue is a wonderful batik.
Her finished project.
Mary, our other guild chairmans finished top.

Lillians piecing.

I'm not sure of her name, but the fabric was much prettier than the picture shows, the dark was a beautiful brown batik.
Matha , (a nurse, do you remember her from the hospital, Deb?) She made (not finished) her table runner with jelly bean fabric for her Easter table. Her first grandchild was born in Dec.
Another.
And my friend Beverly, she stopped by to chat, she does alot of twilling ( a hand embroidery stitch) and is showing her twilling on her pocket.


1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Of course I remember Martha! Kay looks great.

Looks like a fun day in my old hometown church!The last 2 times I've been there were for family funerals!

  • Deb Hardman
  • Allie Aller
  • Jenny Bowker Cairo
  •