My girlfriend Deb C. gave me this wonderful old storm window to make into a coffee table for my dye studio. This is how it looked when I started. The legs I bought are standing behind it. I began by painting on primer and 2 coats of cream color paint. I had this old bear paw quilt I bought years ago, there were only a few good blocks in it, I used them and I cut and pieced the lattice strips for the other window panes. My husband made the table so it will open from the bottom and I can change out the quilt later.
My furniture is too contemporary to go with it. So, my husband cut the legs down and I proceeded to repaint it again, another 3 coats. It now has 6 coats of fresh paint on and how many from years ago I don't know.
I don't know if this is as cute as it was, but now it's sort of county/contemporary (if there is such a thing) and goes a lot better with the furniture.
Here's the finished table with my furniture. Now, I don't know if I like it with the yellow quilt squares.
I did have the dye pot going trying to get green (hm mm) from comfrey. This is picture of the plant in my garden. I used leaves and stems.